Monday, March 8, 2010

Tiramisu-Toffee Cake

A recipe to be improve upon so if you have any great ideas for it let me know. You can try it for your self then let me know too that's just fine;) My hubby thought it could have used a little more coffee. I thought it was missing something just couldn't put my finger on it. It is good just the way it is but just that one thing could bring it over the top!!


Here are the ingredients below:

1 pkg. pound cake mix {Betty Crocker} +the eggs, water and butter as called for on the pkg.
1-1/2 c. strong brewed coffee {room temp}
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. chocolate flavored syrup
1 pkg. cream cheese or mascarpone cheese, softened
2 c. whipping {heavy} cream
2 bars chocolate covered toffee candy bars, chopped
Heat the oven to 350°

Bake and cool pound cake as directed. Cut cake into 1 inch squares; place pieces into 13x9 in baking pan-it will be full. Drizzle coffee over cake pieces-use the whole 2 cups!! I didn't quite use it all and still regret it!!

Beat sugar, chocolate syrup, and cream cheese in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add the whipping cream. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with candy.

Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to set and blend flavors.
Refrigerate any leftovers;)
Not very coffee soaked hey?

Good enough to eat though!
Hope y'all are having a wonderful Monday;)
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. That looks really nummy, holly! I do agree it looks like you should have used all the coffee though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you commented on my site so I could find yours! You know the first thing I do when I think something is sort of missing or falling a bit short in a recipe is to add salt. I'm wondering if just a dash in the topping would do it to balance things out? Anyway, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really good!! much improvement on another tiramisu you guys tried one........michelle you remember that one??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Lily! You were suppose to forget that one!!! It was sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw something similar to this in a magazine last night. I think they used thinner slices of store bought pound cake but it looked good!

    ReplyDelete