Friday, March 19, 2010

After School Snack

I saw these bars over at How Sweet It Is and had to make them Then just today at Buttercream Barbie !! Popular bars hey:)

I'm going to do somewhat of little step by step for ya;)

First: Cream 2 sticks of butter and 1-1/2 c. sugar together until fluffy.
Add 2 eggs and 2-1/2 c. creamy peanut butter mix just 'til combined-about 2 mins.

Whisk together dry ingredients-3 c. flour, 1-1/2 t. salt, & 1 t. salt. Add to the butter mixture until just combined. Add vanilla.

Transfer 2/3 of mixture into baking dish-13x9 in. spreading evenly.
I used a half and half mixture of strawberry and raspberry jams.
This is where I strayed a little from the recipe:)

Spread the jam over the bottom layer.

Crumble remaining peanut butter mixture on top the jam.
Sprinkle with the 1 c. chopped peanuts.

Bake until golden brown, 45 to 60 mins. I baked mine about 50 mins total.

Allow to cool for a few hours before cutting-trust me on this!

MmmmMmm....Yum!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm!!! Love that peanut butter! They sound delicious and I must give the recipe a try! Perfect little bites for a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely try these. I found a similar recipe from Ina Garten, but will try these too.

    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes!!!!! I can see myself eating about 10 of these;D There really isn't much better than a peanut butter and jelly bar! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just like eating a PB&J sandwich. Have a glass of milk ready to drink- it's the perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete