Friday, April 16, 2010

Cheesy Egg Sandwiches

~~~
This was a very good, quick and easy supper.
I told we love to do breakfast for supper:)
I've been feeling a little under the weather this week so I've been a little MIA here.
But I have a few things to share with you all in the next couple days:)
*recipe from BHG-dinners for less

Cheesy Egg Sandwiches

2 t. butter or margarine
4 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
4 English muffins, split and toasted
3 T. butter softened {optional}
8 leaves of baby spinach {optional}
8 strips of bacon, crisp-cooked and drained
1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a large non-stick skillet, melt the teaspoons of butter over medium heat. Break in the eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3 to 4 mins or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to harden. Gently flip the eggs, being careful not to break the yolks-I broke ours the kids and I don't care for the runny yolk:) For over easy, cook for 30 seconds more. For over hard, cook for about a minute more.
If desired, spread muffin bottoms with the 3 T. softened butter. Top with cooked eggs, spinach, bacon and cheese. Cover with muffin tops. Makes 4 sandwiches.
My hubby was late getting home from work the night I made these so once I got the text he was on his way I started his- he likes his eggs runny;) and by the time he walked in they were ready!
He was working 10 mins away that day-my point-that's how quick and easy these are:)
You could swap out most of the ingredients or just add to whats already there.
Like adding tomatoes or swapping the bacon for ham or Canadian bacon, using a different kind of cheese, bread or hot sauce/mayo. I thought it would be excellent with Hollandaise sauce.
Anyway this is a good one;)
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This recipe sure beats the Egg Mc Muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love egg sandwiches!!! This looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gonna try this one with hollandaise sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I definitely will be trying this! I love breakfast any time of the day! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we do these too but ive never put spinach on them..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE egg sandwiches, eat them often for breakfast. Never thought about adding spinach, but you know, that's a terrific addition. Like another commenter said, hollandise sauce would be a super addition. Oh my! I can see this in my future!!

    ReplyDelete