Friday, January 28, 2011

Nutella Silk Pie

There are people who love Nutella and there are people who've never tried Nutella- thats it there is no in between right?!?!
This pie is light and fluffy, smooth and silky and just downright delicious!
Perfect combination of Nutella and peanut butter-deliciously creamy and it came to be
all because of a little thing called Dessert Wars!
Dessert Wars is the brainchild of Reeni from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice and Christine from The Cupcake Bandit. This is a competition with a new ingredient each month, this months is Nutella, designed to push us out of our comfort zone and try something new-and there are prizes!!
Woowhoo!;)
The prizes will be posted at the end of this post.
After checking around I realized there are like a million and one Nutella recipes!!
I really wanted to come up with something different so once this pie "came to me;)"
I checked around the net and was pleased to find there wasn't already a recipe out there.
So I looked around for a basic silk pie recipe and went from there.
As always the full recipe is available through the printable link.
This is what I came up with:
Make a pie crust and bake it-no pictures for this step.
In a medium sauce pan cook sugar, chocolate, milk and corn syrup together stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage-234 degrees.
Remove from heat and add Nutella.
Mmmm-yummy!
Beat lightly for a few minutes.

Pour into cooled pie crust.

Chill thoroughly before filling layer.

Mix together the filling ingredients-cream cheese, Nutella, peanut butter, powdered sugar, pudding mix and milk. Beat until smooth.

This part is super important-
MAKE YOUR OWN WHIPPED CREAM!!!
Just one of those things you just do;)

Then gently fold into filling mixture until well blended.

Pour over fudge layer.

Chill before serving...please..it's totally worth the wait!


19 comments:

  1. I love Nutella! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible. Wonderful job with this. I love the two different layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God why? I would eat this entire pie in a second, it looks glorious! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've never made a silk pie before but I think I really need to now. I LOVE nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Im one of the ones that have never tried it before:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband is allergic to it, so i have a big jar that i can't really use. i need to make this pie to use it up, and because it looks INSANELY delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing and yes I want a bite!!! Bookmarking this to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum- I love Nutella, and this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, I don't want a bite...I want lots of bites. This sounds awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a thing of beauty! And a great idea - I've never seen it used this way. I hope you saved me a piece - I think I'm going to add taste testing to the rules! Thanks for entering in Dessert Wars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That chocolate filling looks so creamy. A spoonful of that in my mouth would be the ultimate joy. I have a huge sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...this is too good to be true. PB and Nutella in a chocolate silk pie...I must be dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soooo good! I have some nutella at my house and this very well may be how I use it. :)

    I'm a new follower from the Sweet as Sugar Cookie blog hop. I'd love if you followed back!

    beadeclectic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm! Anything with Nutella...I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pie looks unbeleivable! Way to go Holly!! YUM : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness - please send me a slice of this pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing... I want to eat the whole pan!!! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete