Monday, January 17, 2011

French Onion Soup and Grilled Cheese

Not alot of thing better than grilled cheese sandwiches and soup!
My grandma made grilled cheese and tomato-Yum my favorite:)
This soup was very rich so you don't need much.
The French bread with all the melty yummy cheese on top was DE-vine!

I was surprised at how filling it was considering it's just onions and beef stock and seasonings!
Since we were just trying it out we followed the recipe to a T and as far as we could tell it turned out perfectly and we thought it looked really nice too;)

The grilled cheese was made from aged white cheddar and swiss, both of which we picked up from a cheese shop in pikes market in Seattle-so yummy!!
Enjoy!!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE FO soup. Yours looks awesome, with the puffy cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks amazing especially made with special cheeses I wish I lived close to a market place to get some of those delectable cheeses. I know they sell them at nicer stores that have cheese sections, but it feels better in Seattle.... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, I could use a bowl of that right now! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sitting at my desk at work craving this!!! i am with cantstopbaking... this is a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and beautiful and oh so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to shop at Pike's Market and then come home and create this wonderful meal. I'm a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. French Onion Soup is hubby's absolute favorite. :) This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete