Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Easy Peasy Peanut Rolls

~Yumalicious~

These are super easy-but a little time consuming.
I first had these when I was in high school at a bakery in the small town I went to school in.
They called them Mocha Bars- not sure why they have no coffee in them at all!
But they also sell them at the Hy-Vee stores.
They are so good that Michelle found a recipe online years ago called Blarney Stones.
They were quite different though the cake was really dense and the frosting was different-more of a drippy icing than the thicker white frosting. So when I was making this frosting for something else it reminded me of these rolls.
So I thought I would give it a shot:)

So you start off with a box of white cake mix according to original directions.

Once cooled freeze cake about 30 mins, then slice into as many pieces as you want/need.

Next frost all 4 sides and top of each piece of cake.

Roll in chopped salted peanuts to cover.

Like in this very blurry picture above;)

And this is what they will look like when they are all finished-ready to be devoured!;)
Give 'em a try-you won't regret it!!
Enjoy!


19 comments:

  1. My Aunt used to make them with angel food cake and a drippy frosting and we called them fairy bars...mmmm! I love the sweet with the salty nuts! I have a post on this and my angelic Aunt Ionia on my blog. Yours look yummy! Didn't know they sell a version at a grocery store! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake with frosting on all side, Yum!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these but they look so fun. Can't wait to try them. I think they have so many possiblities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! So different and looks simple and delicious:) This will be a hit in my home for sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet with the salty combo!!! These look yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! These will be a definite downfall for my waistline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These remind me of a Payday bar...heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, those look terrific! I cannot resist anything that is made with peanuts!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I definitely have to try this! Love about anything with peanuts. Bookmarked. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of these either, but anything that is smothered in nuts is okay by me!! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My aunt from Wisconsin used to make these. She called them Fairy Bars. One time in Wisconsin I saw them in the bakery in a grocery store and of course had to buy them. I made up a family cookbook including digital photos and this is one of the recipes I included along with a picture of my aunt who is now passed away. I have never heard of anyone else who knew about them. Maybe we are related!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh goodness this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother in law makes something similar - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bring on the peanuts. These look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i could definitely eat a couple of these babies right now! they took ahwile but totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, no... now i want to make them too!!! Holly, do you remember the time we made them years ago and i think you and i (well i am sure bruce had a few too!!!)ate the whole pan within 24 hours?!?!? Anyone who hasn't tried them REALLY needs to!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete