Friday, January 21, 2011

Chocolate Cupcake with Caramel Icing

Aren't these sooo pretty!!
I love the way the Caramel Icing is dripping down the cupcake!
I think Caramel and Chocolate totally belong together-sooo yummy!:)
I found this recipe here over a year ago and made them shortly after-finally getting around to posting them;)

They really look nothing like they were supposed to-the frosting wouldn't stiffen up so hence the Icing-which I thought looked really cool! Except that I decided to use paper liners on these and when you pulled the paper off some of the delicious Icing pulled off with 'em:(
Overall they were good but kinda dry-this always happens to me when I make from scratch cake...Any suggestions???
I've heard that you MUST sift and all ingredients should be at room temperature.
Is there any other tricks to making scratch cakes??
I really love my box mixes, but would like to figure this out cuz supposedly{;)} scratch tastes sooo much better!

Anyway these are your basic chocolate cake ingredients:
flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs and milk.
They have 3 oz. of melted semi-sweet chocolate added-you could add what you like.
I added milk chocolate instead, I think a German sweet chocolate would be really yummy:)
Frosting Ingredients:
butter, brown sugar, milk and powdered sugar.
Cook the butter and brown sugar together for a couple minutes, stir in milk and start adding powdered sugar.

Enjoy!!!

7 comments:

  1. The most important thing is room temp butter eggs and milk, it will make a big difference. Your cupcakes look totally delicious and I love the drippy frosting! They may be a little dry if slightly over cooked or to much flour was added but they look perfect. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look and sound so dang pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the look of these. They are just dripping with caramel frosting. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please. I'd really love a couple of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good! Maybe try adding a little yogurt or even mayo (I know!) to the batter, I've heard it helps to keep it moist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos....I love the way the icing is just draping over the cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOURGEOUS!!! And looks delicious too! I agree that chocolate and caramel are a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete